Last year we had a post regarding those sections of the DCAA Contract Audit Manual (CAM) that were updated. It seemed to be a helpful reminder to government contractors that the CAM is not a stagnant document and is also a helpful document in compliance.
DCAA took another look again and the CAM has many sections updated recently. It is always a good practice to have at least one person in your company be familiar with the current CAM. Not the most exciting read in the world of course, but you could pick up on something critical to your success as a government contractor. Here is a list of sections that have been updated already in 2012.
- Chapter 3 – Audit Planning (2/21/12)
- Chapter 6 – Incurred Costs Audit Procedures (2/17/12)
- Chapter 7 – Selected Areas of Cost (2/10/12)
- Chapter 8 – Cost Accounting Standards (2/23/12)
- Chapter 9 – Audit of Cost Estimates and Price Proposals (2/17/12)
- Chapter 10 – Preparation and Distribution of Audit Reports (3/2/12)
- Chapter 14 – Other Contract Audit Assignments (3/6/12)
- Chapter 15 – Other DCAA Functions (2/27/12)
- Appendix B – Statistical Sampling Techniques (2/9/12)
(note that most of the remaining were updated in late 2011, so might as well read the entire thing!)